Vern Allen Group Ltd are hereby notifying you that we operate under the regulations governing the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses 2003, and are hereby notifying you of our Terms of Business. These terms are specific to engagements when Vern Allen Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Business to provide temporary worker(s) for specific events unless otherwise stated in the contract/agreement and invoice. Please read these carefully before booking. These are the only Terms of Business which shall apply to our trading together when you agree to the hire of an Artiste/s and or the Third Party Entertainment Provider from us. Any variation of these Terms of Business can only be made in writing and agreed by both parties within 7 calendar days of the initial acceptance of the Terms and in any event not after a booking has been confirmed.
1. Once Vern Allen Group Ltd has received confirmation of the booking of an Artiste/s and or a Third Party Entertainment Provider from the Client/Hirer, and the Artiste/s and or the Third Party Entertainment Provider accepts the booking, the booking is confirmed and a contract will be issued forthwith confirming the terms agreed.
2. Payment terms: All fees are payable according to payment terms as laid down in each contract/agreement. Under the terms of the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulation 2003, when acting as an Employment Business, Vern Allen Group Ltd undertakes to pay the Artiste/s and or the Third Party Entertainment Provider within the agreed payment terms irrespective of receipt of fee from the Client/Hirer. However, whether acting as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency if payment terms are not adhered to by the Client/Hirer then Vern Allen Group Ltd retain the right to withdraw the Artiste/s and or the Third Party Entertainment Provider without any redress from the Client/Hirer. Failure to pay by the due date by the client/hirer does not constitute a cancellation as in 4 below.
3. Should travel and technical expenses be agreed but not be included within the Artiste/s and or the Third Party Entertainment Providers contracted fee. A separate invoice will be issued to the Client/Hirer for this payment.
4. Cancellation terms: Cancellation of any contract negotiated through Vern Allen Group Ltd is not normally possible without the agreement of all concerned parties. In the event of cancellation by either party without cause of illness or other unavoidable circumstances, Vern Allen Group Ltd reserves the right to levy a charge of 15% of the agreed fee against the cancelling party, to cover the additional expenses involved in the said cancellation. This is in addition to any amounts that may be payable by either party under the terms of the said contract.
5. Complaints: If in the unlikely event that the Client/Hirer has a valid complaint with the service provided by the Artiste/s and or the Entertainment Product, then written notification must be received by Vern Allen Group Ltd within 72 hours of the engagement date. In the unlikely event of any complaint Vern Allen Group Ltd will endeavour to address the complaint. However, it may be necessary to appoint an independent arbitrator to re-negotiate any terms or details of any existing agreements between all parties.
6. Copyright: All copyright and other intellectual property rights relating to any performance and any material or documentation used by the Artiste/s and or the Third Party Entertainment Provider during a performance remain vested in the Artiste(s) and or the Third Party Entertainment Provider. Any information received by or from Vern Allen Group Ltd about the event, Artiste(s) and or the Third Party Entertainment Provider is strictly confidential and may only be used in relation to each particular engagement. Under the terms of the Data Protection Act, Vern Allen Group Ltd agrees not to share or pass on any personal or company data that we hold to any other person/s or organisation/s. All of our data is for use between our clients and ourselves.